Thursday, April 16, 2009

The women in red

The women in red

The movie was shot in ’84 and the memory I have from it can even be more remote than the one I have of Maradona taking his hand to the ball two years later in Mexico. In fact, it took several more years for me to switch priorities between girls and football – the only truly scientific criteria to define the beginning of men’s puberty. Basically I remember a character with a stupid face and a huge flying red blur. The moment being portrayed here is more sober, but every time I see a woman in red it reminds me of the movie.
I didn’t ask her, but I could bet that the trench coat we see here is from H&M. Ten years ago I would go nuts every time a Swedish friend brought me a sweater from there, and several years later, with the backpack on my back and a train ticket semi-stuck in my boxers, passing through other European countries where I would find this store with Inter Rail prices. It’s been 6 years since the first store opened at Chiado. Meanwhile, many others opened, but unlike what usually happens, that didn’t stop me from coming back.

No comments: