Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Postcard from the Baltic

Postal do Báltico

Hey man, how’s it going?

I’m not going to lie, Riga is filled with beautiful women, but you don’t catch glimpses such as this one in every corner. Thus the “postcard” title. Baiba has something really special in her and, deep down, she perfectly shows the cosmopolitan idea that the Baltic transmits. Here, most people carry their PCs and MACs around because you can easily find a place with internet access. As you can imagine, for a guy like me, that has to go to Terrugem’s public library when I need to visit a site that is not related with Banking, this is something that I take very personally. On another level, the thing that touched me the most was the natural way of how they look at a foreigner guy that suggests taking their photo. The spontaneity... the trust when they’re approached by a perfect stranger or the ease on how they invite him to a birthday party later that day. That was, no doubt, the thing that touched me the most.

Dinner next Saturday, don’t forget!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's true - Baiba has something really special, that's why she's one of my best friends.

Anonymous said...

You should not kiss and tell!
Wait... you are saying you got a date with that girl, arean't you?